CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a leading technology firm providing solutions to the financial services sector, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Application Support Engineer for their team in Limassol.
The Senior Application Support Engineer is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of their team, ensuring that tasks and projects assigned are being processed in a timely and efficient manner, whilst making certain that internal procedures are followed and respected.
- Oversee the day to day operation of an Application Support Engineering team.
- Ensure client requests and in general daily tasks are being processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Enforce internal procedures and company policies.
- Oversee new client on-boarding and modifications to existing client setups.
- Maintain good understanding of the system’s features and capabilities.
- Stay informed of the direction of the company, area of focus and upcoming system releases, tasks, and projects.
- Incident Management, and handle emergencies quickly and efficiently.
- Follow an escalation chain, maintaining communication with stakeholders.
- Submit reports on the team’s activities and pending tasks.
- Responsible for the daily hand-over process between the shift Team Leaders.
- Reviewing the work log of individual team members, providing feedback and informing the Head of Support on the progress of each member.
- Assist and train other members of the team.
- Learn bespoke tools and applications used to analyse and investigate cases, or troubleshoot issues.
- Participate as necessary when extra cover may be required to support market events.
- Participate in emergencies, disaster recovery, and incidents at short notice as needed.
- Document work, update existing documentation and procedures.
- BSc / BEng in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field.
- MSc / MEng in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field preferred.
- Good understanding of LAN and WAN networks and Windows Server Operating System.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries and use basic Linux commands.
- Understanding of the Forex Industry is a must.
- Experience in log analysis and using application troubleshooting tools.
- Excellent fluent written and spoken English and able to learn technical and financial concepts quickly.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is preferred.
- Strong organisation skills, ability to prioritize different tasks quickly.
- Experience with MetaTrader 4 trading platform and FIX protocol preferred.
- Ability to work with a team of technology specialists including developers, understand and learn how to configure new and complex systems.
- Ability to interact with clients and peers with a flexible and mature attitude to work.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to [email protected] quoting the above job title or alternatively call +357 22 002 285 for more information. Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.